It's that time of year again!!!! And as a stay-at-home mom, it might be better than Christmas!!!
It's Back to School, and around here, I'm going to celebrate with a cocktail, of course. Check out this awesome Honey Crisp Apple Sangria courtesy of Sally's Baking Addiction.
Honeycrisp Apple Sangria
Yield: 6-8 SERVINGS
- 3 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish)
- 2 honeycrisp apples, chopped
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (I suggest a light-bodied Spanish variety)
- 1 and 3/4 cups homemade apple cider or store-bought1
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange juice (or juice from 2 medium oranges)
- juice from 1 lemon
- club soda, to taste
- Place the cinnamon sticks, apples, and orange slices in a large pitcher. Add wine, apple cider, brandy, orange juice, and lemon juice. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 6 - 24 hours. Taste; if you'd like it to be sweeter, add 1-2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, honey, or agave.
- If you'd like a cinnamon-sugar rim (highly recommended), simply moisten the rim of your glasses with water, turn the glass upside down and dip it into a mix of cinnamon and sugar. Pour in the sangria with fruit2 and add a splash of club soda (this unsweetened fizz is wonderful with the sangria!). Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired. Cheers!
- Make ahead tip: Sangria is the perfect make-ahead cocktail since it must sit for at least 6 hours. You can also make it one day in advance.