- 1 gallon unfiltered apple juice or apple cider
- 1 large orange, cut into 1/4” slices
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1” ginger root, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups spiced rum (I used Captain Morgan)
1. To a large 10 qt dutch oven, add apple juice, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, star anise,
whole cloves, whole allspice and ginger root. (If you have a spice ball, add clove and
allspice to that. It’s easier cleanup after wards.)
2. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 2-3 hours.
3. Add rum to the apple cider mixture and simmer for another 10 minutes.
4. Remove fruit and spices from the pot.
(optional: garnish with orange slices, apple slices or spices)
Recipe by Joyful Healthy Eats